Well another year has passed and now you are 12 years old. It really seems like just yesterday the doctor put that screaming baby on my chest making me a mom. You have always been, and will always be my best birthday present.
This year you were at your Dad's for your/our birthday. It always feels strange to be away from you on those special days. I am glad that you got to enjoy cake & ice cream with your Dad and friends in California. This weekend we will celebrate with your friends in town. You have chosen to have an Angel's Baseball Birthday party at the batting cages.
It is fun to look back and see how much you have changed in a year. In fact, here are 12 things from before you turned 12:
- You started horseback riding with 4H
- We saw snow in Julian - TWICE!
- You got to see Tony Stewart race here in Yuma
- We ran the Color Me Rad 5K (out of our family you finished first)
- You got an Outstanding & 3 First Place ribbons at the fair for your horse project
- You finished 5th grade!
- We went to Waylan's Water World (more than once)
- You volunteered for VBS at your Dad's church(not my photo)
- We vacationed at the beach with your cousins and Grandma & Grandpa - you went on the boogie board, flew Grandpa's big stunt kite, tried to rock climb and went to the Santa Monica Pier.
- You started 6th Grade
- You started playing "Fall Baseball" and your team won one game
- We bought our first house & moved
In all honesty it was a GREAT year and I hope that next year is even better.
Stop by Deidre's blog to continue reading more letters to our sons.