Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to School

Dear Ellie

My precious one and only daughter.  I am so glad that you are home from your summer visit with your Dad.  I know that we text and talk while you are gone, but those long weeks sure do seem to drag by slowly. I am so glad that you got time in California with him, and that you made a lot of memories at Vacation Bible School, the beach and at the Boys & Girls Club.
IMG_4934 IMG_5071IMG_4980 IMG_4981 

I hope that you had a fantastic time at the beach house with your cousins and grandparents before we arrived.  It was fun getting to walk in and surprise you Wednesday night.  I had tears in my eyes and you squealed with delight and ran to me.  I loved going to the beach with you and exploring Oxnard during our stay at the beach house.  Your grandpa had a blast taking you and your cousins out to fly the trick kite. You were very strong and held on to those handles even though it turned your palms bright red. I was very proud of the questions you asked while we toured the Maritime Museum. You really seemed to absorb all that nautical information.  As we left our tour guide said that I had a sailor on my hands.  Hopefully it is something we can explore more in the future.
20130725-IMG_5718 20130725-IMG_5728 20130725-IMG_5789 20130725-IMG_5793 20130725-IMG_5958 20130725-IMG_5966  20130726-IMG_6079 20130726-IMG_6083 20130726-IMG_6075

At Open House before school started we learned you had been put into the accelerated 4th grade class. I know that you will work hard this year with Ms. Martin as your teacher. I enjoy seeing you eager to go to school and ready to learn.  You even asked her if you would be learning algebra this year.  I didn't learn algebra till I was in the 6th or 7th grade. Your sense of style is definitely original. You love bright colors and enjoy wearing hats and glasses.
IMG_5400 IMG_5403

Love,

Mom

 

Please continue on to the next blogger in the CM Letters to Our Daughters blog circle, Jessica Schugardt

5 comments:

  1. They grow so fast, don't they? Looks like you all had a great time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber she is so pretty! Love your vacation photos, looked like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've captured such sweet memories! :) I hope she has a fabulous school year! Can't wait to see what's happening next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun Amber. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete